- Use a monthly calendar and a daily 'to do' list.
- Maintain a 'contact list.'
- Prioritize your 'to do' list the night before.
- Don't watch television during the day.
- Eat a light lunch.
- Attend all the meetings available to you. Try other people's ideas. See someone successful? Do what they do. Don't reinvent the wheel!
- Set aside unimportant things.
- Use small segments of time productively.
- Do two things at the same time. Listen to the news on the radio while getting dressed instead of reading the newspaper.
- Carry your calendar/datebook/organizer with you at all times. Important information will be quickly accessed.
- Eliminate clutter.
- The phone is your friend. It can save you hours of time. Use it to schedule upcoming events, use it to find an item you need instead of driving from store to store.
- Learn to say "no."
- Handle paperwork once.
- Read mail with a pen in hand. Respond immediately.
- Concentrate on only one thing at a time until it is done.
- Put 'waiting time' to good use - read, write thank you notes, schedule appointments, etc.
- Don't worry. About 40% of what we worry about never happens.
- Don't waste time regretting what you didn't do.
By effectively using your time, you will end each day with a feeling of well being and you will be energized because you reached your goals for that day.
Just as a building is completed one brick at a time, your dreams are reached one at a time.
Time is precious! Enjoy life!