Week 1: Halloween Week is for Laying the Foundation
- Clean and inventory your holiday work spaces; make a place for gift wrapping, holiday card writing, food storage and preparation. Making space for these tasks will help you stay in control of the projects.
- Create a holiday planner using a 3-ring binder, a notebook, or a computer file. Label sections: Calendar, Budget, Holiday Card, Gift List, Recipes/Meal Plans, Decorations, and Notes/Ideas. This will be a great resource to reflect on and modify year to year.
- Finalize your budget for the holidays; include holiday cards, gifts, decorating, and entertaining.
- As you make meals through the week, make doubles of dinners that will freeze and reheat well for use during busy holiday times.
- Order your turkey and other specialty items for Thanksgiving.
- Update and finalize your holiday card list.